6 years of experience as a full-time retoucher, working on imagery for branding, marketing and advertising in West Yorkshire, UK. Specialising in product, home interior, CGI and fashion, for companies such as Next, Wickes, Laura Ashley, Grattan, Asda, Shark Ninja, Damart amongst a hundred others.
- Preparation of images for print and web – managing colour profiles for accurate reproduction in various RGB and CMYK colour spaces.
- Accurately colour matching products and garments to physical samples.
- Quality control of newly shot and previously retouched digital assets.
- Photorealistic composites of CGI and photography.
- Ability to keep up with high-turnaround workflows – high commercial awareness required to find the delicate balance between time and quality subject to specific brief guidelines.
- Production of seamless textures for composites and CGI.
- Experienced on both Macs and PCs, including use of Wacom tablets.
My background in photography helps inform my retouching, and can be called upon when required, for example if there are missing product shots, additional assets or textures need photographing for composition, or your company simply fancies some new headshots.
- Foundation degree in commercial photography and bachelors degree in just photography.
- Photographed (and retouched) thousands of studio portraits during my time as a portrait photographer for schools and events.
- Photographed (and retouched) thousands of product cutouts.
- Photographed in excess of 30 weddings during my time as a wedding photographer.
- Photographed in excess of 50 bands and musicians (live and promo) for magazines, blogs and websites.
- Experienced with Canon, Hasselblad and Mamiya cameras, including Phase One medium format digital backs and Capture One software.
- Experienced with most studio lighting brands and an in-depth knowledge of studio lighting for products and portraiture.