FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I work for a few different types of clients:
Agencies/studios – Advertising agencies, marketing agencies, branding agencies, creative agencies, photography studios, CGI studios. As these types of clients will generally have several different jobs and briefs at any one time, as well as physical samples of products to hand, I will generally work on site at their studio or office as it is easier and more efficient to relay large amounts of information in person.
Private remote clients – These can be individual photographers looking for someone to take the strain off their workload, small businesses perhaps wanting their products composited into existing images, or private individuals wanting their headshot touching up or a beloved family photo restoring.
Agencies/studios: on-site bookings (working from your studio or office, with your equipment), I charge a competitive flat daily rate.
Private clients: Upon examination of your retouching requirements, I will calculate the amount of work involved to complete the brief and send you an accurate quotation and timescale for completion.
Agencies/studios: I will invoice you at the end of each working week or booking period.
Private clients: I request payment via bank transfer prior to the release of final imagery. For particularly large jobs, I may request partial payment at intervals throughout the job.
Yes, I am able to digitise prints, film or slides using a high resolution scanner prior to retouching. Get in touch with specific requirements for more information.
For small amounts of imagery, email will be just fine. Alternatively, wetransfer.com will send up to 2gb of data. Any larger than that and I will open up a shared folder for you on my dropbox.
Private remote clients:
- Contact me about your brief – send over your imagery, along with a detailed and accurate brief. Anything you miss off the brief may result in an inaccurate quote and additional costs later on. An annotated copy of the imagery may be best for highlighting specific parts that need retouching.
- I will send you a quotation and timescale for completion of the work specified in the brief.
- If you are happy with the quotation and wish for me to start the job, I require a written confirmation of your intent to proceed.
- I will start the job and once completed, send over a watermarked copy of the imagery.
- I allow for one round of feedback at this stage to make sure the imagery is exactly how you want it.
- Upon approval of the imagery, I will invoice you for the total amount of the quotation.
- Upon payment of invoice, I will release full resolution un-watermarked final versions of your imagery.
I can not be held responsible for any copyright violations. By sending me your files for retouching, you are certifying that you are the copyright owner and/or you have the copyright owners expressed permission to use, alter and distribute the image.
I understand that many of my clients have a strict confidential agreement with their own clients, and henceforth I will never use an image I have worked on for promotional or public portfolio use, unless specifically requested in writing beforehand.